Saturday, December 17, 2005

So hey `ma, where are all the lanterns?

UP Lantern Parade
December 15, 2005

Came late, didn't get a good vantage point. Sunk in the mud walking across the amphitheater grounds. Didn't feel like taking out my trusty tripod (which, come to think of it, is actually well-suited to being stuck into the ground, but heck, I already had clumps of annoyingly wet earth on my standard issue work shoes, why inflict the same on my tripod?).

Heck, I'm not sure there even was a parade. And uh, didn't see that many lanterns actually. In any case, it was fun being there among the crowd as the various creations of some colleges were presented (I hear the bird masks by the College of Fine Arts were fantastic but alas, I didn't get to see them), and the fireworks display was fabulous. Walking around campus offered lots of photo opps, too.





More pics in my Filphoto gallery (scroll down to find album). Don't hold your breath, though. I was lazy, shame on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, I love your pics.
especially the half-sphere of the fireworks.
and the first two ones...
and you don't call these lanterns? what are they then?
contessa

imogen_ph said...

the peacock is indeed a lantern, but most of what i saw were paper mache uh thingies uhm... you know, those large creations shaped like dragons, sea creatures and things (i'm not sure what to call `em). and i didn't see any christmas lanterns neither. (back here we call them "parol", contessa ;-))