Monday, July 14, 2008

Cookification 101 at Campus 99.5 FM

I’ve been writing in LJ about how Philippine radio has been getting cookified since Always Be My Baby shot to #2 at Magic 89.9, mere hours after it was released on iTunes. Since then David Cook has been all over the radio (it’s still charting to this day, along with the magic rainbow song er I mean Time Of My Life), and his music has been floating around in uh *whisper* you know, those places where you can find stuff you can’t get anywhere else around here. (Thank goodness for my fellow royalmisfits who gifted me with iTunes songs, yay.)

Anyway, here’s further proof of cookification. Over the weekend, Campus 99.5 had a 3-parter David Cook special: 3 solid hours of Cook music including his AI live performances and studio recordings, plus songs from his indie album Analog Heart. Songs were interspersed with bits from various interviews. It’s a veritable introduction to cookification, heh!

Although live streaming was available, I recorded the CookFEST since I know a majority of the fans on the other side of the world would be sound asleep as the program aired. These are for you, Word Nerds, Cookies, Cooktards, Cougars, Cook-kulets. Enjoy!






(Thanks to livehead16 for the video from which I made the screencap above.
Played with it a bit in Photoshop.)


I just heard that they will have another CookFEST on Sunday, July 20 at 5-7pm (Manila time). Here's the live streaming link for you to bookmark. Btw, they have been playing Cook songs (every hour if I heard correctly) for the past week til now, still as part of the David CookFEST.

(Note: I’m posting this inline player to serve as a preview, for those who are wary of downloading the files. I’m not even sure the flash player can handle these large files. Maybe Cooky will break it, or my blog. Coz he's been known to break things *fan inside joke*


Download: Part 1 (57MB) Part 2 (58MB) Part 3 (49MB)

No comments: